Right from the outset, the activities of community development association seemed to be deeply entrenched and sacrosanct. Their activities became the norm in virtually all communities in Edo State. No one ever thought that they would receive such a blow from the government. Today, most people hail the effort of the government. In fact, all hue and cry of the people attracted the attention of the government.
SOME REASONS FOR THE DISSOLUTION
1. Community leaders acquired inordinate wealth through their activities
2. There was oppression of the people
3. Their activities hampered rapid development of communities
4. They overstepped their boundaries
5. Some youths had abandoned meaningful trade or acquisition of skills. It became a full time job for them.
6. There were frequent communal clashes
7. Any minor or major maintenance such as changing of roofs, sinking of borehole, erecting a fence, developing your remaining plot, etc, all these attracted extra charges even though you had paid your development fee before. A man at Evbuotubu had to pay a whooping N70,000 because he wanted to erect a structure on the other part of his land. I witnessed this situation myself.
Following the ban, the Odionwere, Enogie or Ohen depending on which one exist in the community will now take over. Therefore, this is the appropriate time to start developing your land without harassment from anybody. Contact us today to buy genuine property 07031384722
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE